Question: Essentials for a Writers Office
Question: I'm setting up my office for freelance writing. What are the
essentials that every writer needs? ml
Answer: Hi ml - mileage will vary but here's what I
think is the absolute minimum every writer needs
- A decent
computer and monitor with Microsoft Word.
- A good printer - inkjet will do just fine and multi-function printers can
serve as fax machines and copiers.
- A ream of white paper - copy paper is just fine.
- An ergonomic chair, keyboard and maybe other items - you'll be spending
hours at the computer and you need to sit properly.
- A desk that you can sit at ergonomically.
- A broadband internet connection - for research, etc.
- A phone that you can use while you're on the 'net.
- An easy-to-say-on-the-phone email address.
- A good dictionary
- yes, there are good online versions, but you'll find you want a book-style
- A copy of the current
- A plan for your
freelance writing business.
You'll also want to read The
It may be that that plan is the most important.
It doesn't have to be complicated, but it's awfully hard to be really
successful if you don't know roughly where you're headed.